Display 5kvpqc1uklk ryan wong
by Yu Chien Wang

5 Cool Things to Look Forward to in 2017

By Yu Chien Wang - Jan 06 2017

As we said goodbye to 2016, there are some incredible things in store of 2017. 

1. Back to School

Second semester is just around the corner. Although being a student can be stressful and overwhelming, going to school and learning daily are definitely worth the effort in return. Plus, you can reunite with your college friends soon!

2. Sherlock Holmes

Season four is finally out! Sherlock fans have been looking forward to this moment since Jim Moriarty's showed his face at the end of Season Three, three years ago. Come join Sherlock's mind palace to make 2017 more exciting!

3. Possibilities of Meeting New Friends 

If you think back on your experience last year, you will probably recognize some new faces that entered your life in 2016, which will hopefully be the same in 2017 for you. Get excited to meet new people and possibly make another lifelong friend!

4. Stranger Things 

Season Two of this fascinating science fiction TV series will be out in 2017. Buckle up and follow Eleven through the world of the "upside down" this year!

5. The Inauguration 

If you are not a supporter of Trump, think positively as it is unique to watch a peaceful transition of power between two major national politic parties. Also, we will have a chance to witness a sizable protest on the same day. Think of this as a day of a lot of people coming together to exercise their rights. 

A new year doesn't mean you have to be a different person than 2016. Live your day to the fullest and may your 2017 be wonderful!

Lead Image Credit: Ryan Wong via Unsplash

Yu Chien Wang - Syracuse University