by Uzma Jamil

7 Apps To Use To Keep In Touch With People

By Uzma Jamil - Feb 18 2017

Whether you went away for college or stayed local, you probably have friends that are separated from you by distance. However, keeping in touch is not as hard as it used to be. With apps like Snapchat and Houseparty, the distance between you and your friends is simply just a number. Here are some of the top apps that made the list.

1. Facetime/Skype

While these are more obvious apps when it comes to keeping in touch, Facetime and Skype make it so easy to stay in the loop with your friends. I make an effort to Facetime my best friend who is three hours away at least once a week and our friendship has never been stronger.

Uzma Jamil

2. Snapchat

Do not underestimate the power of a Snapchat streak. By getting random snaps throughout the day and looking at your friends' stories, you will feel as if you are right there experiencing their life with them.

Nawal Suriya

3. Houseparty

Is everyone from your group of friends away for college? Check out Houseparty. Similar to Facetime and Skype, this app allows you to video chat. However, it takes it to a whole new level and lets you video chat a whole group of people at the same time. 

HousepartyCare

4. TheIceBreak

Away from your significant other and find it hard to stay in touch? This app enables you to stay in touch in a unique way. By asking a question of the day, it gives you an outlet to talk as well as understand your loved one even more.

TheIceBreak

5. Avocado

This app syncs with your Google Calendar and allows you to see what events are going on in both you and your friend or significant other's life. You can also send private messages and pictures to keep everyone in the loop.

Youtube

6. Between

While this app is more directed towards couples, it can easily be used with your friends as well. Like Avocado, you can send pictures and messages, but Between also has a feature called Memory Box. With this feature, you can pick your favorite memories and look back at them whenever you want.

Youtube

7. GamePigeon 

Of course, GamePigeon makes the list for the best apps to use to keep in touch. By playing games with your friends, it allows you to stay close without always talking about life or school. 

Uzma Jamil

Staying in touch is tough but with apps and a little effort, it is not as difficult as it seems. Best of luck with staying in touch and may your Snapchat streak never die!

Lead Image Credit: Arun Venkatesan

Uzma Jamil - Nova Southeastern University

Uzma Jamil is a freshman at Nova Southeastern University majoring in Political Science. She also has her own personal blog, ujthoughts.wordpress.com and loves reading more than anything in this world.