by Uzma Jamil

10 Study Websites Every Student Should Use

By Uzma Jamil - Feb 14 2017

Often times, we find ourselves sick of hand writing our notes or studying from the textbook only. With classes that demand extra prep and memorization, simply writing notes won't solidify our knowledge of the subject. Websites like Khan Academy and Quizlet allow students to take their knowledge and truly cement it. Fresh U gathered a list of  ten websites that assist in studying and anything college-related.

1. Khan Academy

This one is a given but Khan Academy is your go-to website when you need extra lessons to understand the concepts in your classes. From videos focused on math to history, Khan Academy covers it all and the best part is that it is free.

2. Quizlet

Quizlet is one of my favorite websites to use when studying my history based classes. With a ton of dates and events to memorize, I love using the virtual flashcards to learn. Quizlet presents the information in so many unique ways and you're saving trees by not using a million flashcards!

Quilt

3. Self Control

For everyone that finds themselves on Netflix instead of studying, this is something you need to check out! Self Control restricts you from going to any website you deem as distracting and forces you to focus on studying. 

4. Go Conqr (formerly known as ExamTime)

With features like mind-maps and online study groups, Go Conqr allows you to truly learn the content in unique ways and with others. For more information about Go Conqr, check this video out.

5. Brainly (formerly known as OpenStudy)

Similar to Go Conqr, Brainly serves to be an online study group where you can ask questions and have people reply with their take. It goes beyond simply just providing the answer, but different ways to solve it as well.

6. SparkNotes

SparkNotes is so nice when you are taking literature classes. I'm not saying don't read the book and just use the Sparknotes to pass your exam (you probably won't), but use SparkNotes to solidify your knowledge and fill in any gaps.

7. Coggle

Like learning from mind maps? This is the website for you. It allows you to develop mind maps and study in a unique way.

8. Trello

Hate group projects but have a professor that requires them? Check out Trello. This website organizes everything for you and makes group projects bearable. From having lists with assigned due dates to different folders per project, Trello takes organization to a whole new level.

9. Cheatography

No, this website doesn't teach you how to cheat. This website has cheat sheets on virtually every subject that you can use to help you study and organize your thoughts. It is a great resource to have in your math and science based classes.

10. Youtube

You can learn virtually anything on Youtube and there are so many resources available. From John Green's Crash Course to Adam Norris' videos on U.S. history, there is a video to assist you on any topic you need help in.

These are Fresh U's top ten suggestions for study websites. From group projects to virtual flashcards to mind maps, we covered it all. Best of luck in your study endeavors. 

Lead Image Credit: Monoar via Pixabay

Uzma Jamil - Nova Southeastern University

Uzma Jamil is a freshman at Nova Southeastern University majoring in Political Science. She also has her own personal blog, ujthoughts.wordpress.com and loves reading more than anything in this world.