by Tyler Bingham

Michigan Celebrates Their New Jordan Gear With a Block Party

By Tyler Bingham - Aug 08 2016

Following Florida State in celebrating things that aren't meant to celebrated, Michigan University held a massive block part to showcase their new Nike-Jordan brand gear. 

According to Campus Rush, thousands of people poured into downtown Ann Arbor to be the first to purchase the gear, while countless others watched the official team store's website waiting for their chance to be among the first to purchase the new apparel.

When midnight struck it was a mad dash to buy whatever apparel was available, and people's wallets were deep.

People were so excited to buy the new gear that the store's website even crashed as thousands of fans tried to make orders when the clock hit zero.

Many current athletes and former athletes attended the event. Later on, the football team's new Jordan brand cleats were unveiled.

Nike did not leave out Jim Harbaugh (who attended the event) either. They unveiled new nike brand khakis for the coach to wear.

Michigan will break in their new football uniforms on September 3rd when they take on the Rainbow Warriors at 12pm on ESPN.

Lead Image Credit: Michigan Athletics via Twitter

Tyler Bingham - Niagara University

Tyler Bingham, a freshman at Niagara University, plans on double majoring in English and Political Science. Aside from waiting in line at Starbucks, hanging out with friends and reading is how he spends most of his time. Instagram: thetylerbingham