Display north endzone  1
by Tyler Bingham

District Attorney Admits Athletics Factored In The Dismissal Of Charges Against Two Alabama Football Players

By Tyler Bingham - Jun 25 2016
In the wake of the egregiously short sentence for Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner, and Baylor athletics deliberately covering up sexual assault allegations against players, Huffington Post reported on Tuesday that an AD in Louisiana has dismissed charges against two Alabama students in part because of their college football careers. Players Cam Robinson and Lawrence "Hootie" Jones were arrested after being caught with a bag of marijuana, a handgun, and a second stolen handgun by police in a Louisiana park last month.
@deadspin via Twitter

DA Jerry Jones cited an insufficient amount of evidence to prove which student had the drugs and guns as a reason he dropped the charges. However, in an interview with KNOE TV, Jones said:

I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I’m doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning.

ESPN has reported that Alabama football's head coach Nick Saban has yet to decide if the players will face any punishment from the school.

Lead Image Credit: Crimson Pictures; Bryant Denny via Wikimedia Commons

Tyler Bingham - Niagara University

Tyler Bingham, a freshman at Niagara University, plans on double majoring in English and Political Science. Aside from waiting in line at Starbucks, hanging out with friends and reading is how he spends most of his time. Instagram: thetylerbingham