Display 26401888193 3b18587b46 n
by Tessa Green

Warning: New Court Case Could Make Sharing Netflix Passwords Illegal

By Tessa Green - Jul 12 2016

We have all had that one friend who just does not have Netflix at their house/dorm/apartment and you find yourselves giving her your password just so she does not have to feel the pain of missing Orange Is The New Black. If this sounds familiar to you, it turns out you have broken the law.

According to Teen Vogue the ruling of a new court case now makes it illegal to share Netflix passwords. This is the result from the United States vs Nosal case. This case revolved around David Nosal who allegedly used the password of an old coworker to gain information to use against his old firm in benefit of his new one. He has been sentenced to a year and a day in a federal prison and has criminalized the act of password sharing. 

Well, at least now you have a legitimate excuse to keep your Netflix all to yourself. 

Lead Image:

Netflix Photo via Flickr Creative Commons

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.