by Tessa Green

This Teen's Parents Threw Her An Awesome Coming Out Party

By Tessa Green - Jul 07 2016

Any gay or lesbian teenager knows just how hard it can be to come out to their parents, however, this one teenager's parents had the greatest reaction. According to Buzzfeed News seventeen year old New Jersey teenager Kinsey, received a rainbow themed coming out party thrown by her parents.

Kinsey told Buzzfeed that she came out to her parents not too long ago. Last weekend her parents surprised her with the party by sending her to the mall under the pretense that they were "throwing an early fourth of July party." Instead she returned to find the pride party her parents threw for her. She then took to Instagram to share with her followers some of the rainbow decorations and food served.

Check out this awesome rainbow cake she shared:

and all the cool decorations she shared with her twitter followers

Kinsey stated that "in light of the Pulse shootings this past month, our community needs a little joy and hope and I'm proud to say my family has helped contribute that." I certainly hope that Kinsey's story gives inspiration to those coming out to their family.

Lead Image Credit:

Kelly Hunter Via Flickr Creative Commons

Photo Credits:

Instagram @kinseyratzman

Twitter.com @notkinz

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.