by Tessa Green

This Instagram Account Will Make You Say 'Omg Me'

By Tessa Green - May 26 2016

Move over D.C. and Marvel, there is a new comic book coming out and it is featuring the average life of one young woman. If you have not heard of the Instagram account @butlikemaybe now would be the perfect time to check it out. This Instagram page features the life of one young woman and her reactions to different situations are relatable to almost every college-age girl . With more than sixty thousand followers this page has become so popular the star of it now has her own comic book.

So, who came up with this hilarious idea and what was her motivation behind it? Well, in an interview with Cosmopolitan Magazine, Arianna Margulis, the creator of the account, explained how she has been obsessed with cartoons and comics since she was a little girl. She would even create her own comic books and "force her family to buy them." She was also partially inspired by an ex. After she had created the idea for @butlikemaybe, she was drawing cartoons for it and she told everyone in the room it was going to be her career. Her ex laughed at her, but that just inspired to keep pursuing this dream. Now she has a comic book coming, so guess who had the last laugh?

The posts on @butlikemaybe are not only hilarious, but they are also super relatable. Many of her posts express the truth young woman and girls think when texting a boy they are interested in and the stress they feel when he does not text back.

She also includes the struggle many go through when choosing a selfie to post,

shopping struggles,

and her personal favorite: her cartoon photoshopped into celebrities pictures.

This Instagram page is a hit out there for anyone who has ever struggled with relationships, stalked their crush, or went nuts with self tanner. Check it out. 

Lead Image Credit: Arianna Margulis for @butlikemaybe

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.