Display targe
by Tessa Green

Target Has A New Body-Positive Campaign

By Tessa Green - Aug 13 2016

Jean shopping can be a constant struggle for girls and women all over the world. This is because women come in all different shapes and sizes and it can be hard to find a pair of jeans for each body type. For me the struggle was that jeans were always tight on my thighs and loose around my waist. Now target is launching a new jean line that aims to create perfect jeans for every body shape.

According to Cosmopolitan, Target's Dear Jeans collection is a line of jeans ranging from sizes double zero to eighteen. These jeans come in all different lengths and styles so that every woman out there should be able to find a pair she loves. The campaign focuses on body positivity and features five different women from different backgrounds writing a letter to their jeans describing their own struggles.

Barbie Ferreira is one of the models for the campaign. She is a curvy model who has done work for Aeriereal, Asos and many more. In her feature she describes getting over her fear of flared jeans or "fun jeans."

Another woman in the campaign is Alex Hill, who says she wears the jeans to bring up conversations of body positivity. 

Megan Batoon is also featured in the campaign and says as a dancer she looks for jeans that are stretchable and easy to move in.

Brittany Sky, who is a DJ, wants jeans that she can live in freely. 

And last but not least beauty blogger Dulce Candy is also featured in the campaign, who thought that being petite sized she would never be able to rock flared jeans.

Here is the full video for this body positive collection and you can shop it here. I hope you find your perfect jeans. 

Lead Image Credit:

Target Dear Jeans Campaign picture via Target.com

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.