by Tessa Green

This College Student Sent His Mom a Life-Size Cut-Out of Himself, Hilarious Photo Series Ensues

By Tessa Green - Apr 13 2016

The first few weeks after leaving for university can be painful for both the parents and the student. There are usually phone calls at least once a week (maybe more). Most of the phone calls contain questions of do you need any more socks, are you taking the right medications, when are you coming to visit, etc. One student, using his sense of humor, came up with the perfect way to make sure his family would not miss him too much.

Dalton Ross is a college student who, according to Buzzfeed, left home this past semester to study abroad in London. His family lives in Tennessee, which is a whole ocean away from where Dalton would be studying. This meant that his family could not just drive and visit him, so he had to think of a new way to make sure they would not miss him. Dalton came up with the brilliant idea to send his family a life size cardboard cutout of himself. 

Imgur

When the giant package showed up on her doorstep, Dalton's mom did not want the joke to end there. Instead she took cardboard Dalton to do things they would normally if he was still in town.  She took cardboard Dalton to get a check up at the doctors...

Imgur

...to go visit his grandparents, and to watch a local basketball game.

Imgur

She even made sure he was present during holidays, such as valentine's day and Easter.

Imgur

It can be hard leaving your family behind to go to university, especially if you are traveling to an entirely different country. Dalton and his mom took a different approach to staying close to each other while being far apart. I guess we now know where Dalton got his sense of humor from.

Imgur 

Picture Credits: Buzzfeed.com / Imgur

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.