by Tessa Green

Starbucks Is Adding Almond Milk To Its Menu

By Tessa Green - Aug 11 2016

Starbucks has been making their menu more accessible to different people, especially those who are lactose intolerant. They added soy milk a while ago and recently added coconut milk as another dairy alternative. Now there is a new addition that Starbucks customers are rejoicing over.

According to Cosmopolitan, Starbucks is now going to offer almond milk. This new change will be added on September 6th, starting in the the northwest, northern California, the northeast, and the mid atlantic. Do not worry if you are a southern Starbucks customer like me, because it will be available nationwide by the end of September. This change will cost you a little bit more, because it will be available for an extra charge of 60 cents.

This idea was definitely a popular one because it received over 95,000 points on the My Starbucks Idea site. Starbucks is going to be using their own unique recipe for their almond milk. The manager of Starbucks stated that it will be unflavored with a hint of almond and is designed to be foamy in hot drinks and creamy in iced drinks. It is also a healthy alternative too, with only three grams of sugar in an eight ounce serving compared to 12 grams of sugar in an eight ounce serving of dairy milk. So if you're looking for a tasty new way to spice up your Starbucks drink, make sure you hit up the store starting September 6th.

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.