Display 8670275661 6a7464dcb2 c
by Tessa Green

One College Student is Literally Running Across The Country for a Great Cause

By Tessa Green - Apr 11 2016

Intense training is required in order for a person to compete in a marathon, so just imagine how much training goes on before running across the country. Well if you're curious about it, just ask University of Maryland student Kinsey Manchester.

According to USA Today Kinsey will be competing in a 49-day race starting in California and ending in New York. Kinsey isn't just competing for bragging rights; she's doing it for a great cause. The race is known as the Ulman Cancer Fund's 4k for Cancer. This is a four thousand mile long race to raise awareness and earn money for the fight against cancer. Kinsey has personally been affected by cancer. Both of her grandmothers were diagnosed with cancer and one of her sister's best friend lost her battle with cancer when she was only a teenager.

Cancer is something that has affected so many people personally. This is why Kinsey is running. She wants to bring awareness to the suffering that cancer patients undergo, but she also wants to raise money. Her ultimate goal is to raise $4,500 for the Ulman Cancer Fund. So far she has raised $3,450 and you can help reach her goal. If you would like to donate to Kinsey's fundraiser click here and help end the battle against cancer.

Photo Credits: Flickr.com

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.