by Tessa Green

New Study Shows People Who Instagram Enjoy Life More

By Tessa Green - Jun 17 2016

How many times have you heard this phrase in your lifetime "put down your phone and enjoy the moment." Well good news, insta addicts, you now have an excuse to tell your parents (or whoever your with): No. Because it turns out they are actually wrong.

According to an article published by Cosmopolitan people actually enjoy their experiences more when they are instagramming them. A new study published in the Journal of Personality and Social the researchers found out that those that instagrammed their experiences, such as sightseeing or lunch with friends, actually enjoyed the experience more than those that came without their phones. 

A lunch experience improved by Instagram.

This is because when you look for the perfect image to capture and document you actually become more engaged in the experience.

Another experience improved by Instagram. 

Now this does not mean that you should be on your phone 24/7 when hanging out with friends and family. You should enjoy the people you are with, but just make sure you snap a quick pic of the fun thing your doing so you will have these memories forever. Hopefully this counts for snapchat too.

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.