by Tessa Green

New Study On Condom Usage Shows Frightening Results

By Tessa Green - Jun 28 2016

Whether its your first time or not, sex happens quite often in college. That is why it is important to be informed about STIs and the way to practice safe sex. The best way to prevent an STI while being sexually active is to make sure to always wear a condom. This is why it is quite horrifying to see that the results from a new study show a lack of condom usage among straight males. 

According to Elite Daily the study shows that men are less likely to use a condom when they find their partner to be particularly attractive, even if she has a high risk for an STI. The study was conducted by showing a panel of heterosexual men photos of twenty different women. They were then asked to rank them on attractiveness, the likelihood they would have sex with them, and the likelihood they would use a condom during sex. The results: the more attracted they were towards the woman, the less likely they were to use a condom.

This study can be viewed as somewhat inclusive because the sample size is pretty small. They only surveyed 51 straight english speaking males. However, even this amount of people not using condoms is dangerous when it comes to the spread of STIs.

Photo Credits: Pixabay.com

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.