Display female 702961 960 720
by Tessa Green

New Report Shows That Transferring From A Four-Year To A Two-Year College Can Be Beneficial

By Tessa Green - Jun 11 2016

In most cases, it is common for a person who is attending a two year community college to transfer to a four year university after they earn an associates degree. But, now it appears that it is more and more common for some students to transfer from a four year university to a two year school. 

According to Inside Higher Ed, a new report was published stating that is beneficial for those struggling (those that earned less than a 3.0 their first semester) at a larger university to transfer to a community college. The report was published by the Center for Analysis of Post Secondary Education and Employment and also states that there are no negative effects from transferring to a community college. Students are no less likely to eventually earn a bachelor's degree than those who stayed all four years at their original university. The report also shows that it had no effect on job placement. Employers did not care if one had transferred to a community college. There was also no significant pay difference between those who transferred and those who stayed. 

capseecenter.org

So, if you are struggling either financially, academically or both at a larger university, it might be wise to consider transferring into a smaller school. Do what makes you feel the most comfortable and happy.

Lead Image Credit: BlueOlive via pixabay.com

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.