by Tessa Green

Starbucks Is Getting Hit With Another Lawsuit, And Now You Can Sue Them Too

By Tessa Green - Jun 23 2016

Remember the lawsuit Starbucks faced earlier this year, where they were sued for allegedly putting large amounts of ice in their iced lattes to avoid putting in all the liquid the cup can hold? Well, poor Starbucks has been hit with a lawsuit once again, and it is still about the amount of liquid they put in their cups.

According to Teen Vogue, Starbucks may have been falsely advertising their drink sizes. The lawsuit claimed that once Starbucks adds in all espresso shots, steamed milk, and foam, there is still 1/4 of the cup left. The lawsuit also claims that Starbucks allegedly never fills up hot beverages to the very brim of the cup, which means that it is impossible for the drink sizes to be the exact ounce that they claim to be (tall is 12 ounces, grande is 16 ounces, and venti is 20). 

Judge Thelton Henderson must be a coffee fan, because he has approved the case to proceed, meaning that it is open to all "US class members who purchase any Starbucks latte." So go ahead and fight for your right for all 16 ounces. You won't be alone.

Lead Image Credit: Instagram

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.