by Tessa Green

Mother and Daughter Bring Trash Bag Full of Actual Trash To College

By Tessa Green - Aug 22 2016

It is around that time of the year again where students from all over the country are packing their bags and moving to college. If this is going to be your first year at college, here is a heads up for you: move in day is super stressful. You have to pack for the next couple months, so it is not surprising if you grab something that you did not mean to take. 

According to Buzzfeed Lori and Amanda Wolfson, from New Jersey, mistakenly packed a trash bag full of actual trash when moving Amanda into college. Lori went to pick up Amanda from New York, where the two packed up all of Amanda's things into trash bags and placed them on the sidewalk before loading them into the car. What they did not realize was that they placed Amanda's things next to a bag of trash, so they packed that up, too. They then drove home and left the bags in the car for five days before they embarked on their trip to college.

On the ride, Amanda noticed something smelled really bad, but the two blew it off as Amanda's workout clothes. When moving into her sorority house, everyone passing the room commented on the smell and Lori said "we know, we have go to wash her clothes." As the two began unpacking, Amanda finally found the cause of the smell. 

It was a bag full of garbage. 

Buzzfeed News

Luckily the two of them and everyone in the sorority house had a sense of humor about the whole thing. Plenty of moms stopped by to spray down her room and she got free febreeze from it. However, even four days later Amanda still describes the smell in her room as "unbearable." So, if you are a freshman moving into college soon, make sure to double check all your bags.

Lead Image: Lori Wolfson Photo via Buzzfeed

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.