Display 5087437448 1689b5784f b
by Tessa Green

Bad News For Caffeine Addicts: Starbucks Is Raising Its Prices

By Tessa Green - Jul 07 2016

Starbucks has been getting a lot of backlash from many people recently, including losing a lawsuit about underfilling their hot lattes. The cause for the most recent backlash is some devastating news for those of us who run to Starbucks for the 4pm pick me up: they are raising there prices.

According to Teen Vogue Starbucks will be raising their prices by 30 cents for some of their drinks. This seems a little crazy since four dollars already seems a lot for a grande sized drink. Even though this change is not supposed to take place until July 12th, some of you may have already been hit by the price increase. 

According to a statement that Starbucks released on Eater, a glitch in many U.S. store's computer system has caused customers to have prematurely been charged the extra 30 cents. If you noticed that your latte was a little more expensive than you originally thought there is a way that you can get your money back. If you call the number 1-800-782-7282 before July 12th you can be refunded, but after that the prices go into effect. 

Lead Image Credit:

Starbucks Photo Via Flickr Creative Commons.

Tessa Green - Darton State College

Tessa Green is a General Studies major at Darton State College. She is hoping to transfer to a four year University in the next year where she will pursue either a journalism and or an english major.