Display 56de07e8150000ad000b1572

The Awesome Reason This University Installed Exercise Bikes in Its Library

By Taylor Lang - Mar 10 2016

Troy University in Alabama has added exercise bikes to their library, reported Huffington Post.  With so many students spending time at the library to study, it seemed important to enhance their physical health as well.

While many students are sedentary because of the reliance on computers for school work, the dean of Library Services, Christopher Shaffer, decided that it was time to help them move more. “I also thought that the idea fit nicely into Troy University's motto ‘Educate the mind to think, the heart to feel and the body to act,’” he said to Huffington Post.

Three bikes were installed last Thursday, and they were so popular that three more were automatically ordered. Shaffer says that there is enough room for a dozen of them for students to use on a first come first serve basis.

Lots of other colleges are thinking about doing the same thing and adding a place in the library for students to become active for a little while before they go back to studying.

It is important that while students are focusing on their minds, they are also helping their bodies. Bottom line: Why is this not a thing everywhere??

Lead Image Credit: Facebook