What Your Most Recent Emoji Says About You

By Taylor Lang - Mar 21 2016

We all love emojis.  We use them every day in almost every conversation. They help to show what we are really trying to say or sometimes just to make things funnier. But are there some emojis that you use constantly? What about the ones that you used recently? Here's what they say about you.

1. Smileys and People

Top 10 Faces: 

You like to make sure that people understand you. You don't want any sort of miscommunication that could cause confusion. Throughout the day, you go through a lot of different emotions, so you need to make sure that your friends truly understand which one you are each time.  Faces are your go to for any conversation.

Happy Faces: 

You love to have fun with people when you text. Most of the conversations are about something funny that happened to you or consist of different puns that you find hilarious. You like to brighten your besties' days with your wit and humor.

Sunglasses and Angel Emojis:

You are not an angel. Most likely, though, this is in your recents because you were trying to convince your parents that you really did study for your midterms instead of partying or Netflix binging this past weekend. What you actually did comes with the sunglasses smiley emoji that you send to all of your friends.

2. Animals and Nature

Christmas Tree:

You really like Christmas. It is a year round holiday for you, including the spirit of giving and listening to Christmas music while doing homework. The most wonderful time of the year lasts the whole year for you!
Huffington Post

Sea Creatures:

You love the ocean! Anything that includes water has your name on it.  Either you live by the sea or you are going to school for marine biology.  Maybe you visit aquariums all the time? All things with gills fascinate you -- and they should! The ocean is so full of beautiful creatures and deep water that has yet to be explored. So if these emojis are in your recents, maybe you went scuba diving in the Bahamas on vacation (in which case I am jealous) or just finished a paper on the amazing creatures of the deep.

Summer is definitely your favorite season. When the sun comes out, it is going to be a great day. And those of you who go to school in the South but are from the North: you like to make sure your friends who are in the harsh winter understand that you are loving the warmth and the sunlight.  

3. Food

Junk Food:

You live at the drive-thru. McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC -- they are the best part of your day. It is way better than dining hall food. Whenever someone asks what you had for dinner, these emojis are your sole response.  The freshmen fifteen might be a real thing for you. You're a broke college student who is super busy; food is soooooo good, especially when it is fast and cheap.

Healthy Food:

You love any time that you can get your hands on fresh fruit or vegetables. The day is not complete without a ripe banana or a salad for dinner, and you always send a pic with an emoji to your friends. You might have experienced the negative freshmen fifteen!

We are college kids! Of course coffee is going to be one of our top emojis. 

Here is the map of the United States with the most used food emojis per state. Is it accurate for you?

Lead Image Credit: Jason Lund via Flickr