Display lightsabers

What Color Lightsaber Would You Have Based Off Of Your Major?

By Taylor Lang - Dec 25 2015

With all of the hype going on right now as the new movie "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" opens in theaters, it is only fitting that we use the force to conquer our time in college.  Have you ever been interested in what color lightsaber you could have if you became a Jedi? (Don't become a Sith or go to the dark side!)  Depending on your major, you could have the coolest color lightsaber of them all.

Engineering and Accounting Majors

You would have a red lightsaber.  Dealing with math and numbers is a field that many people find daunting, and for those who don't like math, it could lead them to the dark side.  You take on the challenge of calculus and engineering classes just as passionately as you could embrace the force.

Biology, Chemistry and Environmentalism Majors

Your lightsaber would be green.  As a science major, you are taking on the force of the world that surrounds you.  

Music, Acting and Visual Arts Majors

Blue is your color.  You enjoy majoring in fields that delight our eyes and ears.  Your work portrays emotions just as the blue lightsaber will help channel your feelings into promoting justice.

Business, English and Journalism Majors

You could have a purple lightsaber. Your jobs include being social in order to communicate with people, and your skills will be used to keep the peace with the force.

Double Majors

A double sided lightsaber is definitely your best choice.  Since you either cannot decide on a single major or like the way that both of your majors work together, the double blade will allow you to choose what side you would like to fight with or open up your options to use both sabers in your fight against the dark side.

Those of You Who Keep Switching Majors

A curved lightsaber handle is yours for the taking with the saber the color of your major.  As you decide what to do for the rest of your life, it is totally normal to change your mind a few times and take a turn in a different academic area.  The curved handle will help you take on all of the challenges that you face.

Those of You Who Balance Your Major With a Ton of Extracurricular Activities

You know how to keep yourself well rounded, just as the cross guard lightsaber will protect you from all directions as you protect the galaxy.  

Those of You Who Never Have Time to Sleep With Your Double Major and Extracurriculars

You definitely need the force to help you with all the time management and multitasking that you have to do, so the spinning lightsaber is your weapon of choice with your different color blades.

Lead Image Credit:

Image Credit: