Display 14019907992 67bd6c8fe5 h

This Study Shows That We Watch Netflix More Than We Do Most Everything Else Per Day

By Taylor Lang - May 17 2016

Warning: you may lose a little faith in our generation. According to The Next Web and Cord Cutting, we actually spend more time watching Netflix per day than we do socializing, exercising, and reading...combined.

cordcutting.com

Now, it is important to note that the time spent on Netflix was gathered by taking the total minutes of streaming per day and dividing it by the number of subscribers. The information was not gathered by some survey or study. The statistics for the three comparison activities were taken from the US Bureau of Labor Activities.

The average Netflix subscriber watches 1 hour and 40 minutes of streaming per day. This doesn’t seem too terribly bad until you look at other statistics to compare it to. On average, we spend:

Fewer than 40 minutes socializing and communicating
Fewer than 20 minutes reading
Fewer than 20 minutes exercising

Wow, this is a little frightening. As much as we all love Netflix, we should probably make sure to spend more time doing some other things!

Lead Image Credit: Global Panorama // Flickr Creative Commons