This High School Senior Is Going Places

By Taylor Lang - Apr 16 2016

Faith Cutler is a senior at Woodrow Wilson High School. According to The Virginian-Pilot, she has been racking up college credit while still working towards her high school diploma.

Following a program called First College, which is a partnership between her high school and Tidewater Community College, she has earned enough college credit to enter Old Dominion University as a sophomore. Way to go!

On top of all of the schoolwork, “Cutler is also involved in the school’s Future Business Leaders of America, PTSA, honor committee and Latin Club.” She is also an actively involved in the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia. “The organization operates 11 after-school clubs throughout Hampton Roads and provides supplemental academic support and social mentoring.” She volunteered her first year, but became a large role model for a lot of the young girls, so she was hired as a junior staff member.

Cutler plans on going to Old Dominion University in the fall to follow her dream of getting degrees in both nursing and psychology. She was inspired by a family member’s illness and a want to help young people.

I think I speak for all of us when I say: Can I have some of her ambition and drive?! Congrats to Faith Cutler on all that she has accomplished in high school and all of the good that she hopes to do with her degree in college. She is such an inspiration as finals week starts to approach.

Lead Image Credit: Pamela Nichols via The Virginian-Pilot