This Graduation Gift From A High Schooler's Parents Is Incredibly Thoughtful

By Taylor Lang - Jun 05 2016

When people graduate, there are always the cliché gifts that students get. Dr. Seuss is right up there, along with a lot of things for college dorms and money for books. This girl's parents went above and beyond, though, thinking about her graduation since she was 3.

Madi Florence graduated from high school this year. Her parents gave her a beautiful gift, "Oh The Places You'll Go," by Dr. Seuss. But, there is a twist. They had had every single teacher sign the book since Madi was 3 years old. The pages are filled with notes and inscriptions from throughout her entire education that led her to walking across the high school graduation stage to receive her diploma.

She tweeted the gift, and overnight it had exploded. She never thought that it would become huge, yet it has become a huge social media hit. So many students wish they had the parents that she had! Congrats to Madi for graduating and for having parents that have been serious about her graduation for so long. That's a lot of planning that they accomplished!

Lead Image Credit: Twitter @Madiflorence