Display alton at the rodeo

This Grad Lost 140 Pounds By Eating Chick-Fil-A For A Year

By Taylor Lang - Jun 28 2016

When people think of losing weight, many go straight to Weight Watchers or another diet service. But, this is not what this grad student did. According to Business Insider and Total Frat Move, Alton Wards used Chick-Fil-A to help him lose 140 pounds in under a year!

When Wards was 17 years old, he weighed 355 pounds. He was not happy with his weight and knew about all of the health issues that could come from it, so he decided to make a change when he went to college. 

"I tried all the diets," he said (to Business Insider). "Jenny Craig, Atkins, no carbs ... juice diets, the lose 10 pounds in 5 days, all the different things, and none of it worked for me."
Alton Ward via Business Insider

Growing up, he had always gone to Chick-Fil-A. He knew that they had healthy portions and options available. Plus, he actually liked the food. He decided that he would make healthier life choices, like working out, and eat Chick-Fil-A for several meals a week.

For breakfast, he would have two boiled eggs with oatmeal. Then if he went to Chick-fil-A for lunch, he would have a grilled chicken wrap. When it was colder, he'd get soup. He'd often get salads, but with a little bit of ranch dressing on the side (Business Insider).

Between eating healthier and a strength/cardio plan, Wards was able to lose weight and get into the shape that he had always wanted to be in. Now, 4 years later, he has been able to maintain his weight and stay healthy. Even though he doesn't go to Chick-Fil-A all the time, they still give him a free meal once a month for being a loyal customer.

Alton Ward via Business Insider
"I'm just a loyal fan." he said (to Business Insider). "I think Chick-fil-A is a great brand. It's literally help me change my life because I was on my way to a heart attack or just having a stroke or diabetes in every way. So, I was able to find food that tasted good where I could have a variety of options."

Congrats to Ward on his dedication to becoming healthy and congrats on enjoying the new you!

Lead Image Credit: Alton Ward via Business Insider