This Inspiring College Student Graduated With A 3.8 While Working 4 Jobs To Support Her Family

By Taylor Lang - May 31 2016

Bianca Jeannet, age 22, proudly walked the graduation stage, according to Huffington Post. She maintained a 3.8 GPA while working up to 4 different jobs.

After her mother passed away, Bianca became the head of the household at the age of 18. She struggled to provide for her brothers, and she "had to support her older brothers Michael Jeannot, who has Down syndrome, and Paul Santons, who has stage 4 kidney disease," ABC News reported.

The family had many hard times, living in homeless shelters for seven years. Throughout all of Jeannet’s time at college, she remained active in extracurricular activities (She started an anime club) while working up to 4 jobs at a time and commuting.

“She’s the head of her household. She commutes back and forth, and she does it with a spirit of optimism and gratitude that’s rare in people even decades older,” Professor Daniel Smith told WABC.

Jeannet wants to go for animal welfare now that she is out of college. She hopes to move forward and continue pushing forward past the obstacles that get in her way.

You can see her full story here.

Congrats to Jeannet on her well-deserved graduation and good luck in the future!

Lead Image Credit: ABC Eyewitness News