This College Kid Got A Cardboard Cutout Of His Dog To Bring To College

By Taylor Lang - Aug 22 2016

We all hate leaving our best friends when we go to college, but some more than others. Our pets are the most wonderful parts of our lives. They cuddle up to us when we sleep and lounge around with us while we binge Netflix. They run with us and play games. They are a huge part of what makes us all happy. But, we can't take them with us to college.

According to Buzzfeed News, Jake Ostrowski, a 19-year-old who is beginning his freshmen year of college, was really bummed about leaving his best friend, his golden retriever, Jessie. 

“I love my dog — he sleeps with me every night,” Ostrowski, who’s from Houston, told BuzzFeed News. “I’ve been really sad because I’ve got to leave him to go to college.”

Knowing that her son was going to miss his dog, his mom ordered him a life-size cutout of their golden retriever to take with him to college!

Ostrowski was so surprised about the cutout! 

“I’m sure anyone would love a cardboard cutout of their dog,” he said.

Twitter exploded as people wished that their moms had done the same for them!

I think we can all agree that a cutout of our pets would be the best going away gift ever!

Lead Image Credit: Twitter