This College Grad Got Smacked In The Face With A Cap During Graduation Fireworks

By Taylor Lang - May 24 2016

Meagan Richards, a recent graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, is now going viral for getting hit in the face with a graduation cap, according to Buzzfeed News.

Richards got a degree in African and African diaspora studies. She was celebrating her special moment by watching the “grand finale” fireworks display that the University of Texas at Austin holds every year to honor their leaving students.

During the celebration, some of the students in the front row threw their graduation caps. Richards caught the exact moment that she got smacked in the face with her phone; she was filming the fireworks display.

Twitter @meagnacarta via Buzzfeed News
“Because out of all 9,000 graduates out there, of course I would be the one that got hit in the face and caught it on camera,” she said to Buzzfeed News.

Thinking it was funny, she posted it on twitter for her family and friends. Needless to say, the video went viral. Some of the captions that people have created have made the video even funnier.

Twitter @_OMG_BRANDON_ via Buzzfeed News

Congrats to Richards on graduating! We are glad that you didn’t get hurt by the flying grad cap!

Lead Image Credit: Instagram, utaustintx

Want more Fresh U? Like is on Facebook!