Display high school drawings

This Boy Secretly Drew Portraits of His 411 Classmates

By Taylor Lang - Jun 03 2016

At the end of the year, most seniors take the time to tell each other sentimental memories and things that they love about each other. Most people realize that they probably won't see most of their classmates again, or at least until a reunion down the road. But, according to Teen Vogue, Phillip Sossou, a senior at the Boston Latin School, used his last day to unveil his AP Visual Arts portfolio.

Over the last 4 months of school, Phillip had been secretly drawing the portraits of all of his classmates. There are 411 students in his class. He wanted to promote the diversity and unify his class before they all graduate, as their school has come into fire for allegedly not taking racism seriously.

CRAIG F. WALKER/GLOBE STAFF

“I was trying to show everyone in a positive light,” Phillip told The Boston Globe. “Our class has been kind of divided. Having these pictures helps us to embrace our diversity.”

In the fall, Phillip is going to Bunker Hill Community College, and is planning to attend the University of Massachusetts at Amherst later on. 

For more on Phillip and his project, click here.

Congrats to Phillip on his amazing artwork and inspiring the unification of his classmates before graduation. Good luck in the future!

Lead Image Credit: Teen Vogue