Display 10627600 g 696x391

This High School Student Started Selling Newspapers At Age 12 To Pay For College

By Taylor Lang - Jun 10 2016

What were you doing when you were 12? Most likely, you were playing in the backyard and doing different "kid stuff." According to Blavity, this is not the same thing that Kevuntez King was doing. Instead, he started selling newspapers in order to be able to pay his way through college.

King's single mother taught him to go after the goals that he wanted to achieve. He was able to maintain a 4.0 average while playing three sports a year (golf, baseball, and bowling), and earning $200 a week selling newspapers. He was even voted prom king!

Red Rubied / Tumblr

This fall, King plans to go to Tennessee State University in order to study physical therapy. He has earned enough money to pay for his college in it's entirety. (Woah!) To watch a full report on King, click here.

The future TSU tiger had advice for kids like him hoping to go to college, saying, “Make sure you surround yourself with people that’s trying to go up in life and not trying to bring you down. Just stay positive and always believe in yourself and push for it.”

Congrats to King on his graduation and outstanding dedication to achieving his goals! Enjoy TSU!

Lead Image Credit: Molly Laster via Blavity