Display michigancentralcampusdiag

The Norovirus Has Spread to Multiple College Campuses

By Taylor Lang - Feb 25 2016

Miami University at Ohio is the latest U.S. college to get hit with the norovirus, reported the NY Times. This makes the university the third college in the country with numerous known cases.

Two hundred students have caught the virus at Miami University along with an additional two hundred students at Ursinus College at Pennsylvania and one hundred students at the University of Michigan – and these are only the reported cases. That's a lot of people feeling like they want to throw up.

The norovirus is a highly contagious disease that has symptoms similar to the stomach bug: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Most people are able to recover in a period of one to three days. Still, it's not something that anyone wants to go through.

The colleges are trying to stop the spread of the virus by enhancing sanitary stations of hand sanitizers and promoting common hygiene practices (like the posters from first grade that tell you how to properly wash your hands).

Here's hoping it doesn't spread any further.

Lead Image Credit: Wikicommons