The Heartwarming Thing This Fraternity Brother is Doing For His Terminally Ill Father

By Taylor Lang - Mar 04 2016

Ben Shealey goes to the University of Cincinnati and is in the fraternity Sigma Chi, according to Total Frat Move. Sadly, his father was diagnosed with ALS a year ago and told that he had only five years to live.  Family is very important to Shealey, both his fraternity brothers and his home family.

Shealey’s father is a diehard baseball fan. Here is what his son is hoping to do:

One of my dad’s dreams is to go to every MLB stadium before he dies. Now that he has been diagnosed with ALS the end is closer than expected. I hope to go on a trip with my dad to 6 MLB stadiums on a weeklong trip this summer.

Shealey is funding this trip through his GoFundMe page and is asking for donations in order to help make his dad’s dream come true.  His frat brothers have been helping him to spread the word and continue to support Ben in all that he is doing for his father.

In 11 days, 265 people have helped Ben to raise over $11,000 when all his goal was $10,000.  People are still donating, too.  Ben Shealey updated his page with this statement:

What an incredible son and a touching story.

Lead Image Credit: GoFundMe