Display 4ad4dcf0baf2128ba597b7115c1b2029

The Names of The Four Houses In The New 'Fantastic Beasts' Movie Have Been Released

By Taylor Lang - May 13 2016

All of us grew up on the releases of the Harry Potter movies. Most of us read the books, and those who did not still enjoyed the movies. I, personally, remember seeing the last movie in IMAX 3D with my best friend while in high school. J. K. Rowling has now created another storyline of “Fantastic Beasts” set in her magical world, but now there is a wizarding school in the United States. But, according to Total Sorority Move, there has been some released information that is a bit shocking.

The word muggles does not apply in this new movie. Instead, “Non-Maj” is the term wizards use to refer to those who do not have any magic in them.

The houses of Hogwarts also don’t apply in this new movie. There is no Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, or Gryffindor. Instead, there are these new houses:

• Horned Serpent — “A dragon-like serpents with horns and long teeth.”
• Wampus — “A cat-like creature described as some kind of fearsome variation of a cougar”
• Thunderbird — “A very large bird, capable of generating storms and thunder as it flies.” 
• Pukwudgie — “A two-to-three-feet tall and human-shaped, but with a larger nose, ears, and fingers and smooth, grey skin that sometimes glows.”

Even though some of us are disappointed that our love of Hogwarts does not continue into this new series, it will be interesting to see the characteristics of each of these new houses and how the story plays out. Congrats, Rowling, you have done it again! Here is the trailer:

Youtube

Lead Image Credit: Total Sorority Move