Watch Filmmaker Ken Burns Completely Tear Down Trump During His Commencement Speech

By Taylor Lang - Jun 14 2016

Documentary filmmaker Ken Burns spoke during Stanford University's commencement ceremony and, according to Huffington Post, he spent 10 minutes of his speech tearing apart Donald Trump. Burns stated that he normally tries to stay neutral,  "but he soon ripped into the candidate, telling graduates that the stakes were too high to pretend that he could potentially be a good choice for the presidency." 

During his speech, Burns, talking about Trump, stated:

...a person who easily lies, creating an environment where the truth doesn’t seem to matter; who has never demonstrated any interest in anyone or anything but himself and his own enrichment; who insults veterans, threatens a free press, mocks the handicapped, denigrates women, immigrants and all Muslims; a man who took more than a day to remember to disavow a supporter who advocates white supremacy and the Ku Klux Klan; an infantile, bullying man who, depending on his mood, is willing to discard old and established alliances, treaties and long-standing relationships. I feel genuine sorrow for the understandably scared and—they feel—powerless people who have flocked to his campaign in the mistaken belief that—as often happens on TV—a wand can be waved and every complicated problem can be solved with the simplest of solutions. They can’t. 

Here is his entire speech. If you would like to read it, click here.

With all of the craziness that politics have brought about in the past few months, it is at least a positive thing to know that people like Burns are willing to speak strongly and factually about the things that they believe in. Good luck to all of those who are voting in this presidential election for the first time. It is a very interesting election; no matter who wins, history will be made.

Lead Image Credit: Twitter