This Mom Tried To Surprise Her Daughter At School and It Went Hilariously Wrong

By Taylor Lang - May 10 2016

Remember that awkward moment when you accidentally walked into the wrong room during the year? According to BuzzFeed and the New York Post, McKenna Pilling had the embarrassing moment of realizing that her mom had gone into the wrong dorm.

Deanna Pilling wanted to surprise her daughter at Utah State University while she was moving out. But, when she took a selfie and sent it as a surprise to her daughter, she was mortified to find that she was laying in someone else’s bed.

McKenna posted the screenshot of the text message with the caption, “Momma Pilling’s at it again,” because she was thinking that it would only reach her friends. But, every time she refreshed her twitter feed, she found that there were more likes and retweets. Now, the tweet has more than 16,000 retweets and that number is still growing.

“Every time I refresh my feed more retweets/favorites pop up, and now all my mom has to say is, ‘I wish I would’ve taken a better picture,’” McKenna told Buzzfeed News.

Lead Image Credit: Twitter

Want more from Fresh U? Like us on Facebook!