Blake Shelton Picks Pitt Freshman Out of 20,000 Submissions On Snapchat Contest for 'The Voice'

By Taylor Lang - Sep 15 2016

Snapchat had a competition with over 20,000 submissions of people singing for a chance to be on NBC's "The Voice," and Blake Shelton chose a freshman from the University of Pittsburgh as a finalist.

Elif Ersan, 17, is majoring in biology with a pre-dental track. But besides adjusting to college and being dedicated to her schoolwork, she told Fresh U about another passion she has:

I've honestly been singing my entire life. I don't even know when I first began. There are videos of me from when I was 2 years old and I'm singing in all of them. It's always been something I've loved to do.

Ersan had submitted two snapchat videos of her singing, which can be seen below, to the snapchat series, "The Voice," in the hopes of being picked. A few weeks ago, her mom received a call saying that Blake Shelton had picked her as his finalist.

When asked about her reaction to the news, she told Fresh U:

My friends and family are super excited about this... I actually think some of them may be more excited than I am!

Being picked as Shelton's finalist means that people get to vote for her so that her video is aired during the premiere of "The Voice" on September 19.

NBC
If I were to win the contest, I think that would be super cool. Mostly because I am in love with Blake! Maybe I'll consider physically auditioning next year," she told Fresh U.

You can vote for her on September 18 and 19 on the Snapchat Discovery Section of "The Voice."  Her message to those hearing her sing:

I would love it if they considered voting for me, of course!! 

If you like her voice, check out the mashup she posted on Youtube below.

With her adorable spunk and her beautiful voice, we're definitely going to be voting for her! Share this article with #Elif4TheVoice if you agree!

Lead Image Credit: Elif Ersan via Facebook