Display eleanor roosevelt

6 Quotes From Past World Leaders That All Students Should Live By

By Taylor Lang - Nov 13 2015

1. "I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well."  - Alexander the Great

Lvova Anastaysia - commons.wikimedia.org

What we learn here in college from our professors will help us to create the future that we want for ourselves.  They inspire us!  They teach us! The skills and information will give us the ability to be flexible in an always changing world, so make sure you take the time to thank them.

2. "The best way to predict your future is to create it." -Abraham Lincoln

Alexander Gardner - commons.wikimedia.org

In high school, we were scared at the uncertainty of what college was going to be like, but now that we are here, we are petrified of what comes after graduation.  While we are still in college, we should enjoy it and do whatever creates the path that we want towards our futures.  We get to choose what activites we want to do and what we want to major in, so try new things and be bold!  It is, after all, our own future!

3. "Experience is the teacher of all things." - Julius Caesar

Georges Jansoone - commons.wikimedia.org

Try new things!  Meet new people!  Do what you never would have thought you could have possibly done in college!  You never know what opportunites will come along!

4. "Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandela

South Africa the Good News commons.wikimedia.org

As we learn more about this world and the ways that we can make it better, there is no doubt that education can make the difference between peace and war, help find cures for diseases, and save lives.  What we learn in our studies in college is critical, but it is only the beginning of what we are capable of understanding as we enter the real world in a few years.

5. "The world suffers a lot.  Not because of the violence of bad people. But because of the silence of good people." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Charles Levachez - commons.wikimedia.org

Find your passion and do something to make this world a better place! College campuses are environments where we all can come together for a purpose through clubs and academics to make a change.  No matter how small, we can all make a difference that matters.

6. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Winston Churchill

UK Government - commons.wikimedia.org

Look at the glass as half full.  Enjoy the little things.  We are only in college for 4 years, so we should enjoy it!  Smile!  You will be surprised at how many people will smile back!

Lead Cover Credit: michaelhyatt.com