Display girls 1031538 960 720
by Stephanie Treanor

A Goodbye Letter To the Friends I'm Leaving

By Stephanie Treanor - Aug 02 2016

Dear Friend(s), 

This time has been coming slowly for a year now. We all avoided talking about leaving for college in the beginning, but now we are all packing up and getting ready to move out onto our own. Here we are.

You all have watched me grow as I have watched you. You have all grown into be amazing people. We all have our own amazing passions and accomplishments. Each and every one of you has played a major part in my life and my high school career. Between get togethers for birthdays or just because, our lunch table and the ridiculous conversations to be had there you have all changed who I am. You have showed me how to be a better friend and a better student. 

I'll never forget the memories and moments we have shared. Riding around in the cars for a night blasting ridiculous music and head banging. The many concerts everyone shared, of course the sleepovers and the late night food runs to the 24 hour restaurants to split the same things over and over again. Your families have become my own and mine has become yours. We have all been through a lot and I will miss each and every one of you. 

You are all incredible people with amazing futures ahead of you. I cannot wait to see what you accomplish. I would be lying if I said that the future did not hold great things for us. I am incredibly proud and honored to say that I am friends with this crazy crowd. 

You all are my rocks and I would do anything for you. This time in our lives is exciting for all of us. You know if you ever need anything I am simply a phone call away. I'll always answer no matter the time or circumstance and my flight is not long in an emergency. I love you all and cannot wait to see what you do on this amazing adventure. Keep in touch. Good Luck. Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. This is not goodbye forever, just until Christmas. 

With so much love, 

A Grateful Friend

Stephanie Treanor - University of Portland

Im Stephanie Treanor! Im going to be a freshman at the University of Portland double majoring in Political Science and Sociology with a Criminology track! Go Pilots!