by Stella Henry

10 of the Coolest College Classes You Can Take

By Stella Henry - Nov 15 2017

Do you ever end up falling asleep in Philosophy 101? Accounting? Calculus? While it's true that you'll probably have to take some classes in college that you don't particularly enjoy, almost every university offers at least one class that is guaranteed to keep you bright eyed and bushy tailed the entire time, and even make you *gasp* excited to go to class. Here are some of the coolest ones.

1. Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse – Disasters, Catastrophes, and Human Behavior - Michigan State University 

Because you never know if a zombie apocalypse is among us. If a disaster of 'Walking Dead' proportions does end up happening, at least you can say you're prepared after taking this class.

Pixabay

2. The Art of Walking – Centre College 

I know what you're thinking: you already learned to walk as a baby/toddler. Why would you need to take a class on it? The truth is that you can never be too good at putting one foot in front of the other.

Pixabay

3. The Game of Thrones - University of Virginia

Let's face it: This class is basically just an excuse to watch 'Game of Thrones' for "homework."

4. Magic, Witchcraft and Religion from Stonehenge to Harry Potter – Oberlin College 

The class being about Harry Potter, combined with the fact that it is taught in London, means your dreams of attending Hogwarts will finally be achieved.

5. Wasting Time on the Internet - University of Pennsylvania 

The only issue with this class is that it's a waste of time – no pun intended. After all, why take the time to learn something that you're already an expert at? Then again, if you do enroll in this course, you can count on acing the exam!

6. Stress Management – The College of New Jersey 

College students who don't think they could benefit from this class are fooling themselves. Plus, I'm pretty sure a class about reducing stress would have little to no homework or tests.

7. Queen Bees, Wannabes and Mean Girls – Colorado College 

At some point in our school careers we all have wondered why mean girls are so mean. The world may never know for sure, but maybe you can get a little closer to the truth by taking this course.

8. Cow to Cone – Penn State 

If you ever find yourself growing tired of plain old store-bought ice cream, you can learn to make your own in this class. You can also learn how to start an ice cream business, so you can become the next Ben and Jerry. Not that anyone could ever really replace them.

9. Surfing - Coastal Carolina University 

You know what they say... "It's not college, it's Coastal!" And what better place to learn how to surf than on the coast?

10. Pizza Hut Apprenticeship – Manchester Metropolitan University

Don't get me wrong. Like all classes, even one involving pizza is bound to require some level of studying, except in this class, you'll probably get to eat pizza while you study! Wait... you probably do that anyway. 

I know what you're probably thinking right now: "Sure, these classes sound great, but I don't go to any of these colleges!" Even if you don't, the good news is that the vast majority of colleges offer at least a few classes that are just as cool, if not cooler than these. The only reason I didn't write about those is that there are something like 2,000 colleges in the United States, and even more abroad. Most people these days have the attention span of a squirrel, so there's no way anyone would have the patience to read a complete listing of non-boring college classes. Hopefully, though, you'll have the attention span to sit through the classes themselves!

Stella Henry - Fairfield University