It is starting to become the time of year where it is socially acceptable to prepare for the holidays, and I am so excited! As cliche as it sounds, the holiday season gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside. I love seeing all of the lights and decorations, drinking warm chai by the fire, listening to Christmas music and spending quality time with my family and friends. If you're like me, you might feel a bit stumped whenever somebody asks you what you would like for a gift. However, you don't need to look any further, this is the ultimate gift guide for progressive college students!
1. This t-shirt that speaks the truth:
I think this one speaks for itself. Buy it here for $19.50
2. A book of personal essays that you won't be able to put down:
"I grew up rich, white and privileged in suburban Virginia. I never had to think about my safety, my future or my pride through the lens of my race. I couldn't even begin to conceive of that experience. Ta-Nehisi Coates is the first person to break through that reality of my upbringing and allow me to step into another experience for a little while." ~Amazon reviewer
Get it on Amazon for $17.97
3. This fabulously flamboyant tote bag:
All of those political philosophy and gender studies books can get really heavy. Also, you need this because intersectional feminism is the only feminism that matters.
Get it here for $24.95
4. This Rosa Parks enamel pin, an OG progressive boss lady:
Who doesn't need a little bit of Rosa inspiration to carry around with them?
Get it here for $11.95
5. This gorgeous mug, so you can wake up empowered:
The design may be dainty and delicate, but you sure aren't.
Get it on Etsy for $16
6. This beautiful print
Even though Trans Day of Remembrance may have just passed, we should never forget the fight for justice. Keep remembering all year long with this beautiful print.
Get it here for $20.69
7. This Black Lives Matter sticker, so you can show your solidarity:
Remember that silence equals violence, so you must always speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Get it here for $3.32
8. This muscle tank, because we still need to talk about Standing Rock:
This entire website features beautiful art by many independent Native artists, so definitely take a look around when you get the chance.
Get it here for $25
9. A subscription to "In These Times" magazine, to keep up with all of the political insanity:
In order to stay woke, one must stay on top of the latest news at all times.
Subscribe here for $19.95+
10. A "Make America Think Again" hat:
This slogan is a lot better than the original.
Get it here for $24.99
11. This sweatshirt, to keep you warm despite climate change:
Those freezing cold glares from your bigoted relatives can't touch you when you're wearing this!
Get it here for $45
12. This t-shirt, to show your trans sisters how much you care:
It is important to show solidarity in times as contested as these.
Get it here for $23.99
13. Ruth Bader Ginsburg socks.
There's no explanation needed for why you should buy these. Show your love for the coolest Supreme Court justice with these toasty treats!
Get them here for $14.99
14. A coloring and activity book for the boss babe in your life:
In case you haven't noticed, coloring isn't just for kids anymore.
Get it on Amazon for $7.98
15. These lovely Frida journals
Create your own masterpieces with the guidance of Frida.
Get them here for $22
Happy shopping and happy holidays, no matter which one you celebrate!
Leading Image Credit: Ben White via Unsplash