Display netflix original series
by Samantha Moody

8 Netflix Originals You Could Easily Binge Watch Over Spring Break

By Samantha Moody - Mar 14 2016

Netflix has been on a roll in recent years with extremely popular original series like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards. The only problem with these series is that once you're done binging the most recent season, you're back to waiting, in most cases, at least a year for the next episodes. In the meantime, here are 8 more recent Netflix originals that you could easily finish over spring break!

1. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt 

Overview: This new comedy created by Tina Fey follows Midwesterner Kimmy who was imprisoned by a cult leader as a teenager and freed after 15 years. The first thing she decides to do is move to New York.

Time: This series currently only has one season released. With 13 episodes each being around 25 minutes it would take almost 6 hours to watch this show in it's entirety.

2. Grace and Frankie

Overview: Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin co-star as two women forced to reinvent their lives in this funny, honest, Emmy-nominated Netflix Original Series.

Time: This series currently only has one released season. With 13 episodes each about 30 minutes long it would take about 6 and a half hours to watch all of this show.

3. Sense 8

Overview: From the creators of "The Matrix" and "Babylon 5" comes this tense series in which eight people can telepathically experience each other's lives.

Time: This series has currently only released one season. With 12 episodes almost an hour long each, this series would take a bit longer to finish...about 12 and a half hours.

4. Master of None

Overview: Featuring the hilarious Aziz Ansari, this show follows New Yorker Dev as he takes on such pillars of maturity as the first big job, a serious relationship, and busting sex offenders on the subway.

Time: This series currently has one season up on Netflix. With 10 episodes each around 30 minutes long, one could finish the show in about 5 hours.

5. Making a Murderer

Overview: Filmed over 10 years, this real-life thriller follows a DNA exoneree who, while exposing police corruption, becomes a suspect in a grisly new crime. 

Time: Only one season long, with 10 episodes each varying around 1 hour in length, it would take about 10 and a half hours to finish this series.

6. F is for Family

Overview: In this new animated series, follow the Murphy family back to the 1970s, when kids roamed wild, beer flowed freely, and nothing came between a man and his TV. 

Time: This show is currently only one season long, with 6 episodes 30 minutes each, one could finish this show in about 3 hours. 

7. Fuller House

Overview: The Tanner family's adventures continue as DJ Tanner-Fuller shares a home with her sister Stephanie and friend Kimmy who help raise her three boys.

Time: This is the newest released series with only one season up on Netflix. With 13 episodes each about 30 minutes long, It would take about 6 and a half hours to watch this show. 

8. Narcos

Overview: The true story of Columbia's infamously violent and powerful drug cartels fuels this gritty new gangster drama series. 

Time: The first season only has 10 episodes, each about 50 minutes long. It would take one a little over 8 hours to watch this show in its entirety.

Lead image credit: Netflix

Samantha Moody - University of California, Davis