Display 5waystoenjoyyourfinalhighschoolmoments
by Sabrina Tong

5 Ways to Enjoy Your Final High School Moments

By Sabrina Tong - May 30 2015

Congratulations! You have almost made it through four years of high school! It’s time for the celebration to begin! The end of the year brings many major events, including graduation. Here’s how to enjoy the final moments of high school.

1. Relax.

There’s a lot of stuff going on at the end of the school year. Between prom, finals and college details, it’s no wonder people get stressed. However, school events, like prom, are meant to be enjoyable. When everything feels overwhelming, take a step back and remember that you have worked hard to get to where you are. Also, don’t become stressed over the little things. Although you may miss one homework assignment, don’t get frazzled. Take a couple deep breaths and remember that missing one assignment won’t ruin your life.

2. Keep track of invitations.

If you’re occasionally forgetful like me, all the different events can become a little overwhelming. Make sure to keep track of all the grad party invitations and the senior send-offs. I write all my upcoming events in a note on my phone.

3. Update your calendar.

Google Calendar

In addition to keeping track of all the invitations you’re receiving, update your calendar. Smartphones make it easy to sync calendars across multiple devices and set reminders so you never miss an appointment. If you have a Google account, I recommend using Google Calendar.

4. Take pictures.

The end of senior year brings many once-in-a-lifetime moments, including the milestone of high school graduation. Take lots of pictures to remember them. Since you and your friends are most likely going separate ways, capture the moments you have together. Also, pictures serve as great ways to decorate your dorm room when you get to college.

5. Finish school strong.

Although you may be tempted to slack off during the final weeks of high school, grades still matter. Low grades may cause a college to rescind your admissions offer. Also, AP testing occurs toward the end of the year. If you have the option to sign up for AP tests, do it. Many colleges will give course credits if you score well, which will only benefit you in the long run.

Lead Image Credit: Allison Magnarelli, Facebook

Sabrina Tong - University of Southern California

Sabrina Tong is a freshman studying Business Administration at University of Southern California. In high school, she was editor-in-chief and managing editor of her school's newspaper. In her spare time, she enjoys playing the piano and the viola, drinking tea and listening to music. Check out her Twitter, @sabrina_tong!