by Rachel Loia

6 Study Resources You Should Definitely Know About

By Rachel Loia - Apr 08 2017

College is not easy. Whoever told you that it is was lying. Students work hard for grades that they are somewhat satisfied with, and spend hours trying to fill their time with activities that will make them feel competent and successful. Sometimes it's a bit too much, and some help is needed. After over almost two full semesters of college, I have come across a few websites that seem to provide aid to those of us struggling through our studies. Here are six study resources you should know about: 

1. studyPerfect

This is a website where you can post and exchange flashcards with other people. It also allows you to print them out, saving a lot of time if you're in a rush. If you have your own notes, you can even use them to make cards for other people as well. Not to mention, it's simple and easy to maneuver, so you won't be spending forever trying to figure it out. 

2. Quizlet

Quizlet is similar to studyPerfect, but since it is a more popular site, there are more options. Sometimes professors take the flashcards and use them as questions on the exam, so I highly recommend you check it out. If you make an account, you can bookmark your favorites and come back to them if need be as well. 

3. PinkMonkey

PinkMonkey has book notes and study guides for them as well. Their added guides are what make them different and even more helpful than summarizing websites. As PinkMonkey's page is full of links, search for what book you need rather than looking down their list. 

4. Purplemath

This is a page that really helps students with math. Purplemath has extensive explanations of topics and a specialized section for all college students. I have been using it since I was in middle school due to their incredible ability to help make sense of complex problems. They also provide study guides and full lessons that you can utilize for free. 

5. HippoCampus

I love HippoCampus because it covers all subjects. A lot of the websites previously mentioned involve flashcards or a specific area of study. HippoCampus covers it all and provides study materials for any class imaginable. They also catalog other resources that you can get to from their website. 

6. StudyStack

StudyStack not only gives you flashcards to browse, but it also offers games. Don't let anyone mock you for wanting to play educational games as a college student. They're so helpful, especially when it comes time for the exam. You can also set up an account, save your favorites, and play it on the go with their app! It's quite convenient. 

All in all, these websites are really beneficial. Any way to save time, or to help with studying, is something all college students could use. These are the ones I have personally used and have worked for me. Hopefully, they can do the same for you. Good luck with the rest of the semester! 

Rachel Loia - Ramapo College

Rachel is a freshman studying biology at Ramapo College of New Jersey. She also loves writing and uses it as an excuse to not do schoolwork. Instagram: @rachloia