by Rachel Loia

10 College Students Share Their Favorite Television Show

By Rachel Loia - Jan 29 2017

When you're in college, you have to find some source of joy in the midst of your busy schedule. For a lot of people that means binge watching television shows until their eyes burn and their hearts hurt. To find out what shows college students like to binge, Fresh U asked 10 students what their favorite television show is and these were their responses.

1. Parks and Rec

"It's the funniest show and I'm literally Ron Swanson." – Emma Lamperti, The College of New Jersey

Park and Recreation is a show you can find on Netflix. It stars Amy Poehler who plays a government employee who's all about her parks department. The characters are really relatable and quite comedic. 

2. New Girl

This one is my favorites (gotta get my own opinion in here). It follows Jess Day and her roommates as they juggle adulthood, finding love and making the tough situations work. It's just so funny and entertaining that I can't help but watch it whenever I need a quick pick me up. 

3. Cosmos

"It's informational because Neil Degrasse Tyson is a boss. And it's nice because and you can watch it in a dark room at night and fall asleep after." – Pat Harrison, Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you're into science, you will love this show. Cosmos is all about the universe we live in. The more you know, the better off you will be. 

4. Grey's Anatomy

"It's a mix of medical and comedy, but it's also really intense and hard to stop watching." – Kim Lanholm, Ramapo College of New Jersey

What do you get when you combine drama, humor, gross medical happening, and a bunch of cool doctors? Grey's Anatomy. The best show to exist. 

5. Grand Tour

"It's a car show that also has some humor in it and I am a car fanatic." – Dawid Dylinski, Rowan College at Burlington County

If you like cars, this show is for you. You can laugh and enjoy all the interesting cars featured on it. 

6. Friends

"It's hilarious." – Chris Gonzalez, Ramapo College of New Jersey

I highly advocate for this show because it's just amazing. A bunch of friends living in New York City, facing quirky problems and laughing along the way? What could be better? Also, I'm named after one of the characters so I have special place in my heart for this show. 

7. Game of Thrones

"Did you seriously just ask me what my favorite TV show is? I thought we were best friends." – Katie Cabrera, Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you like fantasy, especially involving dragons, then watch Game of Thrones. Honestly, if you're a nerd who enjoys shows like Merlin, you'll love Game of Thrones. 

8. Naruto 

"If I were to watch TV, I'd be working on plowing through some of the 600 some episodes of Naruto." – Jacob Manera, Drexel University

If you don't know what Naruto is by now then I have little hope for you. Just watch it. 

9. Shameless

"You grow to love the characters like your own family and it doesn't focus on stupid teen drama that other shows do. The characters are so real and relatable and it's got the best (not only gay relationship) but overall relationship on TV ever. IT RUINED ME." – Mariel Bates, Purdue University

This current show has been sweeping the nation, even though it's not that new. It evokes a lot of emotions so make sure you're ready for some heavy drama and characters you will get way too attached to. 

10. Malcolm in the Middle

"It's a classic and I grew up on it." – Jordon Gleniewicz, Montclair State University

Ah, a classic. Malcolm in the Middle is just a wholesome and hysterical show that allows for the reality of family life be portrayed rather than glorified. 

Hopefully you guys can either relate or find some good shows to watch. 

Editor's Note: Some quotes have been slightly changed for clarity and cohesiveness. 
Rachel Loia - Ramapo College

Rachel is a freshman studying biology at Ramapo College of New Jersey. She also loves writing and uses it as an excuse to not do schoolwork. Instagram: @rachloia