Fresh U Will Launch National Site For Freshmen Attending HBCUs

Fresh U is excited to announce the launch of Fresh U HBCU, a national site aimed at freshmen who attend historically black colleges and universities.

Fresh U HBCU will begin recruiting writers from the class of 2020 and producing articles in May 2016, however the Twitter account – @FreshU_HBCU – was launched on February 1.

Like the Fresh U national site, Fresh U HBCU will cover all freshmen-related topics such as adjusting to college life, roommates, and greek life. However, the focus on HBCUs will allow writers to share their unique experiences and perspectives that come with attending an HBCU.

"We're excited to promote HBCU culture and the experience on a scale broader than just one university,” said Temitayo Adanlawo, a freshmen at Howard University who will act as Operational Manager.

Adanlawo is one of two Howard University freshmen heading the Fresh U HBCU team. Sydney Pollock, also a Howard University freshman, will be the Social Media Director. The two students already established a Fresh U chapter at Howard University in fall 2015. They will spend the spring 2016 semester building up the Fresh U HBCU social media presence and engaging with an audience before writer applications open and the site launches in May 2016.

For any further questions about this announcement, please email kate@freshu.io

Fresh U HBCU Logo