Display spotify tips
by Olivia Ray Laskowski

5 Spotify Playlists To Help You Study for Finals

By Olivia Ray Laskowski - Dec 15 2015

Ah, Spotify. Not only is Spotify my constant companion for walking, chilling, eating, and everything in between, but Spotify is my real savior when it comes time to focus on finals. As I sit here, breaking between studying for Calculus and Astrophysics (yeah, yikes), I bring you some focus-oriented playlists that will help you get in the zone and stay there. Technically, Spotify requires a subscription for most listening, but the computer application lets you listen to music for free, and I know your laptop will be with you through the entire finals hysteria. 

1. Brain Food

This Spotify playlist has a mix of relaxing and calm tunes that won't be too monotonous but won't change enough to distract you. 

2. Perfect Concentration

Classical on classical on classical. This playlist has a really big variety of types of classical with nothing that's too intense for low key studying. 

3. This is House

Ever since I found out my library was referred to as "Club Snell," house music became my study music of choice. The sounds of house are repetitive and keep you focused, but the beats are energizing and make you want to do something. 

4. Electronic Study Music

If house is too much for you to focus with, this playlist brings the same focused beats but is more low key. The rhythm will give you energy to keep going but won't make you want to get up and dance as much.

5. Indie Rock Focus

Need some voices to keep you motivated? This indie rock playlist will keep you feeling cool and moving forward through your notes with sing-a-long tunes and really great instrumental background. 

Lead Image Credit: Digital Trends

Olivia Ray Laskowski - Northeastern University

Olivia Laskowski is a rising Sophomore at Northeastern University majoring in International Business and German, minoring in Economics and Global Fashion Studies. She is the editor in chief and founder of Fresh U Northeastern. In high school, she was an exchange student in Frankfurt, and she is currently studying abroad at the London School of Economics. She enjoys drinking coffee, walking aimlessly through cities and owning too many tote bags. Follow her on Instagram @o.ray or check out her website www.liveverywhere.com!