Display lead image for to my high school best friend thank you article
by Olivia Faulkner

To My High School Best Friend: Thank you

By Olivia Faulkner - Mar 09 2016

To my High School Best Friend:

I would not be where I am today without you. You rarely find people like you in life that change you for the good. I am so honored to know you, and my life would not be the same if I had not met you. You have completely changed my life and there are no words to express the amount of gratitude that I have.

I still remember the first day we met our freshman year of high school in class. From that moment on, I knew we were going to have a friendship that would last a lifetime. Every moment that we shared are moments that I will never forget for the rest of my life. You helped me through so many hard moments in high school and I do not know how to thank you. When I was sad, you were there to comfort me and when I was happy, you were there to celebrate with me. I cannot thank you enough for always being there.

Senior year was a hard year for me. The times when I was stressing out about college and did not know what to do, you would always know the right thing to say to make me feel better. Every time you comforted me, it was like a weight being lifted off of my shoulder. I would not have made it through this difficult year if it was not for you being by my side. For this, I am forever grateful.

Now that we attend different colleges, I still feel like you are always there for me even though we are not near each other. When we talk on the phone, it is like you are sitting there, right next to me. I will always hold our friendship very near to my heart. No matter where life may lead us, I know we are always going to be friends. Thank you is all I have to say to you.

Thank you for encouraging me in my dreams. Thank you for always being there for me when no one else was. Thank you for the endless laughs and moments that we shared. Thank you for never giving up on me. Most of all though, thank you for allowing me the honor of being your best friend in high school and for the rest of our lives.

Olivia Faulkner

Sincerely,

Your Best Friend, Olivia

Lead Image Credit: Olivia Faulkner

Olivia Faulkner - Marymount Manhattan College

Olivia Faulkner (she/her/hers) is pursuing a Theatre Arts-Directing major and a double minor in Psychology and Sociology at MMC. She hopes to become a theatre educator and a professional director for Broadway and National Touring companies. You can find her on Facebook at Olivia Faulkner, follow her on Instagram @olivia_faulkner and on Twitter @ollleythetrolly.