by Noemi Griffin

University Printers Hacked, Nazi Propoganda Printed

By Noemi Griffin - Mar 28 2016

Students at various colleges nationwide were upset to find anti-Semitic flyers on their campus printers Friday. 

Inside Higher Ed

At least six universities were hacked by a Neo Nazi group that runs the website Daily Stormer. The group has taken responsibility for printing the fliers that accuse Jews of "destroying your country through mass immigration" according to a report by Inside Higher Ed. The group has also expressed pleasure in the distress of students who found the fliers. 

The site is run by 30-year old Ohio native, Andrew Anglin- a self professed National Socialist who told Hatewatch “I believe strongly that European people have a right to a continued existence as an independent culture and ethnic group.”

Anglin at Mussolini's palace. (image from splcenter.org)

As for the incident on college and university campuses, those that received the fliers denounced them and said that they were investigating how their printers were hacked, and were taking steps to try to prevent further such hackings.

Schools targeted included; California State University Long Beach, DePaul University, Northeastern University, Oregon State University, Smith University, Princeton, UMass Amherst, and University of Southern California. It was originally thought that the fliers had been printed by students on campus, until each university came forward later in the day with news of the fliers.

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is calling the website "the newest up and comer in the heated competition to rule the hate web," and has released a report on the website. 

Lead Image Credit: Flickr.com

Noemi Griffin - Mercer University

Noemi Griffin is a Journalism and Spanish major at Mercer University. Her true passion is dogs and it is truly a great day whenever there is a dog in sight. Instagram: noemioriana Twitter: noemi_oriana