Display 15336519564 471d2ba332 o
by Noemi Griffin

This High School Senior Received Over $1 Million In College Scholarships

By Noemi Griffin - Apr 04 2016

One high school senior, Mimi Mallory, received over $1 million dollars in scholarship money from the 11 universities she was accepted to. Mallory, who goes to Mosley High School in Lynn Haven Florida, is Vice President of the senior class, secretary of her honors society, president of the productions team that runs the high school announcements, and still maintains a 4.625 GPA on a 4.0 scale. 

The highest offer she received came from Mercer University in the amount $212,000. But, Mallory decided to accept the offer from her dream school, Southern Methodist University.

“It’s crazy to think I can go to SMU," she told ABC News. "I wasn’t expecting to because of how expensive it was." 

Mallory has also been an equestrian rider since she was in fifth grade. She even placed second in the nation for a national award in dressage.

SMU awarded Mallory $166,000 in scholarship money, so she will only have to pay a few thousand dollars each year out of pocket. The senior credits her parents for her success because of all of the support they give her with her busy schedule. 

“They never pushed me in school, only praising me for the hard work that I put in,” she said. “I think it contributed to the way I am to be self-motivating, and I definitely owe a lot to them," said Mallory to ABC News.

Lead Image Credit: Roy Luck via Creative Commons

Noemi Griffin - Mercer University

Noemi Griffin is a Journalism and Spanish major at Mercer University. Her true passion is dogs and it is truly a great day whenever there is a dog in sight. Instagram: noemioriana Twitter: noemi_oriana