Display 3368675779 041b247874 o
by Noemi Griffin

Bold Moves by LSU in the NCAA Tournament

By Noemi Griffin - Mar 16 2016

The NCAA brackets were released Sunday and Louisiana State University head basketball coach Johnny Jones announced that the team wouldn't be playing in the post-season at all. With the team's 19-14 record this season, they wouldn't have made an appearance in the NCAA tournament anyway, but Jones has pulled them from all other post-season competitions, including the CIT and Vegas 16. 

In a statement given by Jones, he stated that the team will be able to "utilize this time to get better for and start preparation for next season." This could however halt the team's usual momentum going into the next season, as the team would normally have a few more tournaments to play in before the start of workouts for the next season. 

Freshman superstar Ben Simmons will be one of the few NBA players to have never played in an NCAA post-season tournament. The Australian forward will have ended his college career with an embarrassing loss, 71-38, against Texas A&M. 

Jones said he takes full responsibility for his team and will do what needs to be done in order for the team to reach their goals next season. Injury to senior player Keith Hornsby, and that freshman Antonio Blakeney would be playing sick in any coming games were also deciding factors in Jones' decision to pull the team from post-season play. 

Lead Image Credit: flickr.com Creative Commons 

Noemi Griffin - Mercer University

Noemi Griffin is a Journalism and Spanish major at Mercer University. Her true passion is dogs and it is truly a great day whenever there is a dog in sight. Instagram: noemioriana Twitter: noemi_oriana